Eva Nyberg - short presentation
Unit: Subject-matter Didactics
Phone: 46(0)31 786 2310
My research focuses on teaching and learning science, especially biology, both in primary, secondary school and in higher education. I am also interested in research concerning Education for Sustainable Development throughout the educational system. Through my thesis work I developed an interest towards formative assessment, especially in the context of teachers’ professional development. In my future research I would like to further explore the use of formative assessment as a tool to develop teaching of science, as well as teaching for sustainable development. My thesis work indicated that observations and caring of living organisms is important when learning about biological life cycles and in learning for sustainable development. I wish to further explore this.
Subject didactics in domain specific areas such as biology, ecology, environment and sustainability. In-service training within scientific subject teaching with fomrative assessment as point of departure. Tutoring of exams work.
Science education, ecology, biology, Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), teaching and learning, formative assessment.
- Nyberg, Eva (2008). Om livets kontinuitet. Undervisning och lärande om växters och djurs livscykler – en fallstudie i årskurs 5. Göteborg studies in educational sciences, 271. Göteborg: Acta Universitatis Gothoburgensis. English Summary p 221-245
- Nyberg, Eva & Sund, Per. (2007). Executive Summary. I Björneloo, I. & Nyberg, E. (Red.) Drivers and Barriers for Implementing Learning for Sustainable Development in Pre-School through Upper Secondary and Teacher Education. Technical Paper 4:2007. United Nations och Göteborgs universitet: Paris/Göteborg (p. 13-17).
- Nyberg, Eva; Andersson, Björn & Leach, John. (2005). Elementary school students' understanding of life cycles. In Marida Ergazaki, Jenny Lewis & Vassiliki Zogza (Eds.), Trends in biology education research in the new biology era. Proceedings of the Vth Conference of European Researchers in Didactic of Biology (ERIDOB) (pp. 27-41), Patras, Greece: Patras University Press. (p. 27-41)
- Nyberg, E. (2004). Handledning av naturvetenskaplig undervisning i skolår 1-5. I Rönnerman, K. (Red.) Aktionsforskning i praktiken – erfarenheter och reflektioner. Studentlitteratur: Lund. (s.73-92)
- Nyberg, E. (2004). Life cycles – for caring and learning about organisms and their environment - a starting point towards an understanding of environmental issues. I Wickenberg, P. et al (Red.): Learning to change our world - Swedish research on education & sustainable development. Studentlitteratur: Lund (p.313-328).